Are you a traveller who looks for a perfect theme that would highlight your stories without beeing too distracting? Or are you a handyman who wishes to share the knowledge with people wordlwide via simplistic yet utterly elegant blog? Or maybe you seek a theme with an exquisite and balanced interface for a travel or photography magazine? Whether your purposes match or transcend our guesses, we are delighted to introduce Travel Planet – a streamlined and professional theme that will serve as a perfect entourage for your ideas. Travel Planet is ideal for Tourist Agencies, Travel Diaries, Tourist Destinations, Travel Magazines, Travel Guides, Photography, Handmade and DIY Workshops, Cuisine, Event Information, Culture Overviews and Tutorials, or any other purposes you feel are appropriate.
* Cross-browser compatible
* Two-column design
* Animated Image Slider simple to customize or to switch off
* Ability to manage comments
* Russian interface
* Page navigation
* Customizable header of the site
* Modifiable background site
* Main colors: white, gray, orange
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* 1 External font from Google Webfonts is used in Theme:
– Open Sans – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans License: Apache License Version 2.0 Copyright: Steve Matteson, https://profiles.google.com/107777320916704234605/about
* The following js-files are used in the Theme:
– ‘html5.js’ file in the “js” folder: License: MIT/GPL2 Licensed Source: https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv Copyright: HTML5 Shiv v3.6 | @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem
– ‘PIE.htc’, ‘PIE_IE9.js’, ‘PIE_IE678.js’ files in the “js” folder: PIE: CSS3 rendering for IE Version 2.0beta1 Source: http://css3pie.com Dual-licensed for use under the Apache License Version 2.0 or the General Public License (GPL) Version 2.
– ‘selectivizr-min.js’ file in the “js” folder: selectivizr v1.0.2 – (c) Keith Clark, freely distributable under the terms of the MIT license. Source: http://selectivizr.com
– ‘script.js’ file in the “js” folder: License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
* The following images are used in the “images” folder in the Theme
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
Everything else used in this theme has been created by BestWebSoft, especially for the Travel Planet theme and is distributed under GPL license.
travel-planet folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”:
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘travel-planet’.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
- 5. Activation and Use.
- 6. Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
To activate the slider, you need to select posts, which should be seen in the slider. Without these posts the slider will not be displayed. To add a post or a page into the slider, go to admin panel (wp-admin), and click edit post (page). Upload the slider image: “Featured image” -> “Set featured image”. Pay attention: for correct work of the slider the needed image width should be not less 940 px and height not less than 315 px.
In “Slider” field put a mark on “Do you wish to add this post to slider?”. Add a comment for the slide post (“Caption for post in slider”). Save the post (“Publish”). Congratulations, you just add a new slide into the slider.
If you have one single slide, the slider will be displayed as a static image.
You can have as much slides as you want.
Slider is located on the main page and consists of three parts: the title (post title), a comment (comment for the slide post) and image (“Featured image”);
Post Thumbnail Functionality
For post thumbnails we recommend to use the image width should be not less then 560 px., if the post was not added into the slider. In other case the image size should be higher then 940 px. width and 315 px. height.
Travel Planet WordPress do not support formats. All posts will de displayed as regular messages.
The Theme includes a standart Widget.
How can I change language from English into Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
Does the theme support widgets?
Yes, this theme includes widgets. The following widgets are shown by default: search, recent posts, recent comments, archives, categories.
How to upload background image into the title?
You can use background image for the title of your website. Use the menu to select Header -> Choose Image -> Browse, then click Upload. Background title images should be 1920px * 160px.
Theme home page
V2.0 – 07.07.2016
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Update: Unnecessary file category.php have been removed.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: Translations has been updated.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.3.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
V1.9 – 06.04.2015
* Bugfix: Bug in ‘wp_title’ was fixed.
V1.8 – 03.04.2015
* Bugfix: Upload attachment function was fixed.
* Update: We updated the theme to WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: Screenshot was updated.
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php, screenshot.png, script.js.
V1.7 – 22.07.2014
* Bugfix: Form elements bugs were fixed.
V1.6 – 16.06.2014
* Update: Displaing links to posts author archive page is added.
* Update: Color setting of main navigation menu is now similar to site header.
V1.5 – 10.06.2014
* Update: We updated readme.txt.
V1.4 – 19.05.2014
* Update: Codex errors of function.php are fixed.
V1.3 – 15.05.2014
* Update: JS functions are fixed. HTML code is updated.
V1.2 – 16.04.2014
* Update: Russian theme localization files were added.
V1.1 – 05.04.2014
* Update: Code formatting and indentation were fixed.
V1.0 – 01.04.2014
* Release date of Travel Planet.