Simple Classic is professional, simple, fast and versatile. It has a less stylistic and more lightweight design. Coupled with a bunch of great features, Simple Classic might seem simple, but with that simplicity comes crispness and a sense of balance, and that is quite refreshing. Simple Classic is a great theme that will prove useful for a variety of different websites like daily news, news magazines, networking sites, etc. Yes, the theme is simple, but its subtle textures and details have been designed with great care. Moreover, it comes with absolute compatibility with all plugins produced by BestWebSoft, so you will have no problems with this issue. To keep your website streamlined and up-to-date, we suggest you install Captcha and PDF & Print plugins.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
In Simple Classic Theme used images in the “images” folder, are under GPL v2 License have been created by BestWebSoft.
We have used 1 External font from Google Webfonts: Open Sans. which are under SIL Open Font License v1.1.
script.js has been created by BestWebSoft and under GPL v2.
The files in the folder “css” are style for Internet Explore brousers versions 7.0 – 9.0, are under GPL v2 License. More details on http://css3pie.com/
Everything else used in this theme has been created by BestWebSoft, especially for Simple Classic theme and is distributed under GPL license.
simpleclassic folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘simpleclassic.’
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
Post Thumbnail Functionality
By default, Post Thumbnails will appear when posts are being viewed in gallery mode, in blog mode and also in single posts. Post Thumbnails will not work for pages
For thumbnails of posts or pages we recommend using the image width less than 540px.
Image Post Format
Posts with the image format will display the last attached image on top of the post. The last attached image should not appear in the post content to avoid duplicate display.
Aside & Link Post Formats
Posts with the aside & link post formats will be displayed as normal posts.
The Theme includes a standart Widget.
Will the standard elements added to the check post in accordance with the overall design theme?
Yes, the topic has the support of standard elements, enabled, jquery.
How to use custom header image?
The custom header image you can use. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Appearance -> Header -> Select image -> Browse, and then select Upload. Header images have max size 960px*283px.
How change language from english to russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
Theme home page
V1.7 – 06.07.2016
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Update: Translations has been updated.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.3.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
V1.6 – 18.06.2015
* Bugfix: Typo of textdomain in 404.php was fixed.
* Bugfix: The
<title> tag was removed from header.php.
* Bugfix: The function add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’ ) was fixed.
* Bugfix: Display the
<input type="file"> form was fixed.
V1.5 – 01.04.2015
* Update: We updated the theme to support features in WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: Screenshot was updated.
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php, screenshot.png.
V 1.4 – 22.07.2014
* Bugfix: Bugs in function.php were fixed.
* Update: We checked theme for WordPress 3.9.1 and updated readme.txt.
V 1.3.3 – 07.11.2013
* Bugfix: Fixed header image.
V 1.3.2 – 04.11.2013
* Update: Updated function smplclssc_navigation.
* Update: Updated footer.
* Bugfix: Fixed custom header support.
V 1.3.1 – 01.11.2013
* Update: Updated style of posts, sidebar and breadcrumds area.
* NEW: Added styles for table area.
V 1.3 – 15.10.2013
* Update: Updated Support of Custom Header.
* Bugfix: Comment form.
* NEW: Added file tag.php.
* NEW: Added Russian language translation.
V 1.2 – 07.10.2013
* Update: Updatede theme buttons.
* Bugfix: Choose file area was fixed.
* NEW: Added file image.php.
* NEW: Added pagination.
V 1.1 – 01.10.2013
* Update: Updatet menu in Admin UI.
* Bugfix : Header Menu was fixed.
* NEW: Added viewing attachment caption to thumbnails.
* Ability to use the Simpla Classic theme in you site.