Create an extraordinary website with City Informer – a feature-rich, flexible and multipurpose theme that can be customized in several clicks. This theme can be compared to playdough – with a little creativity, you can make it appropriate for any type of website, be it Automotive services, Marketing news, Clothing industry or anything else. At the same time, City Informer is simple and discreet, so that readers will be able to focus on your site’s content – and enjoy the original design at the same time. Furthermore, this theme is fully compatible with BestWebSoft plugins. Ergo, it is best that you use Captcha and Facebook Like Button – which will contribute largely to your site’s functionality.
* Cross-browser compatible
* Two-column design
* Animated Image Slider
* Fixed layout
* Threaded comments
* Customizable header image
* Main colors: white, gray, black
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* 2 External font from Google Webfonts is used in the Theme:
– Open Sans – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans License: Apache License Version 2.0 – Share – https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Share License: Apache License Version 2.0
* The following js-files are used in the Theme:
– pie.htc in the “ie” folder License: Apache License Version 2.0 and GPL Version 3. Copyright: Jason Johnston, https://raw.github.com/lojjic/PIE/master/LICENSE-APACHE2.txt
– selectivizr.js in the “js” folder: selectivizr v1.0.2 – (c) Keith Clark, freely distributable under the terms of the MIT license. Source: http://selectivizr.com
– html5.js file in the “js” folder: License: MIT/GPL2 Licensed Source: https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv Copyright: HTML5 Shiv v3.6 | @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem |
– slider.js file in the “js” folder: License: Apache License Version 2.0 Source: http://slidesjs.com Copyright: Nathan Searles http://nathansearles.com
– selectbox.js file in the “js” folder: License: MIT Licensed Source: https://github.com/marcj/jquery-selectBox Copyright: Marc J. Schmidt
– fileinput.js file in the “js” folder: License: MIT Licensed Copyright: – Shaun Inman (concept) http://www.shauninman.com/archive/2007/09/10/styling_file_inputs_with_css_and_the_dom – Mika Tuupola (jQuery plugin implementation) http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/filestyle
* The following images are used in the “img” folder in the Theme
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
Everything else used in this theme has been created by BestWebSoft, especially for the City Informer theme and is distributed under GPL license.
City Informer folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for City Informer.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
In order to add a new slide, enter the create/edit post mode on WordPress Administration Screens. You will see the “Add to slider” field under the entered text. Check the box, and the image from the “featured image” field, the header and a part of your post will be added to the slider.
There is no limit to the number of slides in the slider.
The slider itself is located on the frontpage and consists of three parts: title (title of post), image (featured image of post), description (short description typed into the text-field in the metabox “Slider Settings”).
Post Thumbnail Functionality
To post thumbnails, we recommend using the image with the width equal to 560px.
The Theme includes a standart Widget.
How are custom headers displayed?
The Custom header block has a height equal to 100px and is displayed on top of the Theme between the Site name block and Hello message block.
How can I change the language from English into Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
Does the theme support widgets?
Yes, this theme includes widgets. The following widgets are shown by default: search, recent posts, recent comments, archives, categories.
Theme home page
V1.6 – 02.06.2016
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Bugfix: Fixed custom header image display.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.2.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
V1.5 – 17.03.2015
* Update: BWS Themes menu was removed.
V1.4 – 03.03.2015
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php.
* Update: We updated the theme to WordPress 4.1.1.
* Bugfix: Navigation menu display was fixed.
V1.3 – 30.07.2014
* Update: We update style.css file.
* Update: We update functionality for WordPress 3.9.1.
V1.2 – 04.06.2014
* Bugfix: Edit overflows for page elements.
V1.1 – 02.06.2014
* Bugfix: The date in footer displayed correctly.
* Bugfix: The excerpt in slider displayed correctly.
* Update: Added style for sticky post.
V1.0 – 21.04.2014
* NEW: Release date of City Informer.