Are you fond of that cozy feeling when you are sitting on the evening patio wrapped in a soft comforter and reading a mesmerizing book while taking small sips of hot tea? Do you wish to transcend this feeling to your website, so that your users will be immersed in the same enigmatic ambience? Then we are proud to introduce Camp – a theme that is exquisite like a rare old book, and easy to use like scissors. With this theme, your posts will receive a trace of antique wisdom – a captivating feature your readers are going to love! To top it off, this theme is compliant with all of the plugins, which were created by BestWebSoft, among which PDF & Print and Portfolio plugins will be best for grasping the exquisite atmosphere of your website. This way, you can install those and rest assured that no compatibility issues will ever appear.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* In Camp Theme used 2 External fonts from Google Webfonts:
– Open Sans which are under Apache License Version 2.0 – Ubuntu Mono which are under Ubuntu Font License, 1.0.
* In Camp Theme used js-files from “/js” Folder:
– html5.js which are under under MIT and GPL2 Licenses Version 2 – pie.htc which are under the Apache License Version 2.0 and GPL Version 2.
* In Camp Theme used images from “/images” which are under GPL license.
* Everything else used in this theme has been created by the Bestwebsoft team,
specially for Camp theme and is distributed under GPL license.
- 1. Upload the
campfolder to the
- 2. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in Admin Panel.
Installation using “Add New Theme”:
- 1. From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Themes -> Install Themes.
- 2. Search for ‘Camp.’
- 3. Click the ‘Install Now’ button to download theme.
- 4. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
Slider displays the post’s featured image, title and excerpt.
There are two ways to add a post to the slider:
a) Via Admin Panel:
- 1. From your Admin Panel, go to to Edit Post page.
- 2. Find ‘For Slider’ metabox, and choose the checkbox.
b) Via Frontend:
- 1. Go to the Single post Page.
- 2. If a post has a featured image, you will see ‘Add to slider?’ label.
- 3. Choose the checkbox and click ‘Save’ button.
If there are no posts in a slider, the image from custom header will be displayed.
For featured images of posts or pages we recommend using the proportions 540x280px (width/height).
Custom Background and Header
Theme supports custom background and custom header. You can set it in Admin Panel -> Appearance.
The Theme supports standart widgets.
By default in sidebar the following widgets will displayed: search form, recent posts, recent comments, archive and categories.
How to add widgets to sidebar?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Widgets. Then drag and drop the necessary widgets to the sidebar area.
How to add plugins?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Plugins -> Add New. Search the necessary plugin and click ‘Install Now’ button. Then activate that plugin through ‘Plugins’ menu.
How to change language from English to Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' ).
How can I create a custom menu?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Menus. At ‘Edit Menu’ tab click the button ‘or create new menu’. Enter your menu’s name. Then select the menu items that you want to add and click ‘Save Menu’ button.
How can I set my custom menu to my site?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Menus. At ‘Manage Location’ tab select your menu in the drop down list and click ‘Save Changes’ button.
Theme home page
V1.5 – 11.05.2016
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: screen-reader-text css class was added to style.css.
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.6-alpha.
V1.4 – 21.04.2015
* Bugfix: Permalink was removed from the title of a single post/page.
* Update: We updated the theme to support features in WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: Theme screenshot was updated.
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php, content.php.
* JS custom elements bugs were fixed. We checked theme for WordPress 3.9.1 and updated readme.txt.
* Fixed bug with inputs.
* Updated style for .
* Added info about copyrights for Resources used in this theme.
* The Camp theme is ready to be used on you site.