New Life is a brightful theme for optimistic people, who want to pass their sanguine life perspective onto their website. Cheerful, easy to master and off beat, this theme will bring a note of cheerfulness to your blog, making users’ experience on your website pleasant and your content unforgettable. Owing to this theme, your site will breathe with life, generating positive emotions for each visitor to sample and come back for more. New Life will create a perfect ambience for all sorts of websites united under the aegis of vivacity. What makes this theme even more appealing is a 100%-compatibility with BestWebSoft plugins, such as Quotes and Tips or Twitter, which will add up to your site’s functionality.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
All files and images used in this theme has been created by the Bestwebsoft team, especially for New Life Theme and is distributed under GPL license.
newlife folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘newlife.’
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
Post Thumbnail Functionality
By default, Post Thumbnails will appear when posts are being viewed in gallery mode,
in blog mode and also in single posts. Post Thumbnails will not work for pages
Image Post Format
Posts with the image format will display the last attached image on top of the post.
The last attached image should not appear in the post content to avoid duplicate display.
Aside & Link Post Formats
Posts with the aside & link post formats will be displayed as normal posts.
The Theme includes a standart Widget.
How to add widgets to sidebar?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Widgets. Then drag and drop nedded widgets to sidebar area.
How to change language from english to russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
How can I create a custom menu?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Menus. At ‘Edit Menu’ tab click the button ‘or create new menu’. Enter your menu’s name. Then select the menu items that you want to add and click ‘Save Menu’ button.
How can I set my custom menu to my site?
From your Admin Panel, use the menu to select Appearance -> Menus. At ‘Manage Location’ tab select your menu in drop down list and click ‘Save Changes’ button.
Theme home page
V2.0.4 – 20.04.2015
* Bugfix: The text domain was added to the header of style.css file.
* Bugfix: Bug in singular front-page display was fixed.
* Update: BWS Themes section was removed.
V2.0.3 – 01.04.2015
* Bugfix: Sidebar display was fixed.
* Update: Screenshot was updated.
* New: BWS Themes section was added.
V2.0.2 – 26.03.2015
* Bugfix: Front page display was fixed.
* Bugfix: Navigation menu display was fixed.
V2.0.1 – 17.03.2015
* Update: BWS Themes menu was removed.
V2.0 – 03.03.2015
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php.
* Update: We updated the theme to WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: An option to leave comments on the pages was added.
V1.9 – 30.07.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
* New: We added newlife.pot file.
V1.8 – 02.02.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.1.
* Bugfix: Fixed notices about Headers already sent.
* Added ‘wp_title’ filter
* Added image navigation to Gallery post (‘next_image_link’ and ‘previous_image_link’)
* Added ‘add_custom_image_header’ and ‘add_custom_background’ for compatibility with versions of WordPress prior to 3.4
* Fixed notices about define constants
* Theme URI was fixed
* Fixed the video’s overflow from the contant area bug
* Fixed bug with credit link
* Added Site title, removed logo image
* Fixed the center-align with caption image
* Added pagination on home page and added pagination on single page
* Fixed bug with long post title
* IE conditional stylesheets have been enqueued
* Static pages support comments
* Fixed footer copyright attribution
* Fixed line-height for 2nd level menu items
* Added new tags