Journalism is a simple and professional theme with loads of customization options that do not require special web experience. It manages to display everything in a readable and clear manner. If you have been searching for a Magazine-style and feature-rich theme for your website, then look no further! If you are a blogger looking to give your visitors a fun new way to browse your latest posts or you are an artist looking to showcase your latest work, then Journalism is a great choice for you! It is easy to use and configure, and offers integration options with all plugins developed by BestWebSoft IT company. Among others, Facebook Like Button and Twitter plugins will grasp the idea behind your website most precisely, and imporve the fucntionality accordingly.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* In the Journalism Theme we used 2 External fonts from Google Webfonts:
– Ubuntu Mono Regular which are under UBUNTU FONT LICENCE Version 1.0. – Ubuntu Mono Italic which are under the UBUNTU FONT LICENCE Version 1.0.
* In Journalism Theme we used the following js-files from “/js” Folder:
– html5.js which are under under MIT and GPL2 Licenses Version 2 – jquery.slides.min.js which are under MIT and GPL licenses Version 2 – pie.htc which are under the Apache License Version 2.0 and GPL Version 2.
* Everything else used in this theme has been created by the Bestwebsoft team,
specially for Journalism theme and is distributed under GPL license.
- 1. Upload the
Journalismfolder to the
2. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
Installation using “Add New Theme”:
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘journalism.’
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
- 5. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
For the slider you need to complete the following 3 steps:
You need to go into your notes and open the note which you want to see in the slider.
Then you should set a checkmark in the checkbox and select the thumbnail for the post.
Then just update your post.( for featured images of slider we recommend you using the proportions 900x218px (width/height) ).
For featured images of posts or pages we recommend using the proportions 620x195px (width/height).
The Theme includes standard widgets.
By default in the sidebar the following widgets will be displayed: search form, recent posts, recent comments, archive and categories.
You can change the set of widgets up to your choice.
How to use the custom header image?
You can use the custom header image the following way: from your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Appearance -> Header -> Select image -> Browse, and then select Upload. Header images have max size 940px*129px.
How can I switch the language from English to Russian?
In the main catalog of your WordPress site find file wp-config.php, open it and change
define (‘WPLANG’); to
define (‘WPLANG’, ‘ru_RU’);
How to display Sliding image gallery?
Sliding default image is not displayed on the site. To display it, you must go to the admin panel-> Appearance -> Slider menu item in the Admin UI, and there choose which category of posts you want to see in the slider, after that set the status draft for posts that you want to display in the slider.
Theme home page
V1.1 – 07.06.2016
* New: The ‘title-tag’ theme support was added.
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Bugfix: Comments was added to pages.
* Bugfix: Sliders functionality was fixed.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.2.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
1.0.9 – 30.07.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
* New: We added journalism.pot file.
* Bugfix: We fixed bugs in script.js.
1.0.8 – 11.02.2014
* Bugfix : We renamed `add_to_slider` custom post meta data.
1.0.7 – 08.01.2014
* Update: The theme’s license was changed to GNU General Public License v3.
* Update: Footer Credit Link was changed.
* Bugfix: We fixed the bug of the Newer Posts links in Archives.
1.0.6 – 05.12.2013
We changed functional of slider displaying.
1.0.5 – 21.11.2013
The function for changing the style of the logo was added in function.php file.
1.0.4 – 20.11.2013
The function for correct displaying the theme in IE7-8 was added in function.php file.
1.0.3 – 18.11.2013
We added license information for some components(fonts,scripts), used in the theme in ‘readme.txt’ file.
1.0.2 – 15.11.2013
Changes to style.css to style tag cloud widget and to correct display of very long titles of posts and pages were implemented.
1.0.1 – 12.11.2013
Displaying of the comment form was fixed.