Daily Stories theme is all about simplicity, capability, and minimalistic design one can hardly ever forget. This theme is a powerful tool that allows bringing even the boldest ideas of yours to life.
Created in accordance with the latest design trends, Daily Stories will be most appealing to younger generation. At the same time, its eye-catching and airy design will not leave any user with good taste cold. Apart from that, Daily Stories is an easy-to-use theme that comes packed with all the essential functionality. This theme can serve as a stylish apparel to any blog, business magazine, news website, entertainment website, celebrity news blog, movie, literature or public performance reviews and many more!
* Cross-browser compatible
* Two-column design
* Threaded comments
* Customizable background and color of site title
* Customizable header image
* Customizable form elements input type: file, radio, checkbox, select
* Main colors: white, gray, light
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you would like to create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files to BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* 3 External fonts from Google Webfonts is used in Theme:
– Open Sans – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans
License: Apache License Version 2.0
Copyright: Steve Matteson, https://profiles.google.com/107777320916704234605/about
– Lora – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Lora
License: SIL Open Font License, 1.1
Copyright: Cyreal, https://plus.google.com/u/0/110746122849437886147/about
– Paytone One – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Paytone%20One
License: SIL Open Font License, 1.1
Copyright: Vernon Adams, https://plus.google.com/+vernonadams/about
* The following js-files are used in the Theme:
– ‘html5shiv.js’ file in the “js” folder:
License: MIT/GPL2 Licensed
Copyright: HTML5 Shiv v3.6 | @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem |
* The following images are used in the “img” folder in the Theme
License: GNU General Public License v3
Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
License: Public Domain CC0
Everything else used in this theme has been created by BestWebSoft, specifically for Daily Stories theme, and is distributed under GPL license.
Daily Stories folder to
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for Daily Stories.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
Post Thumbnail Functionality
To post thumbnails, we recommend using the image with the width equal to 752px.
The Theme includes a standart Widget. The following widgets are shown by default: recent posts, recent comments, archives.
How to display a featured image?
You can do this in Posts section > Add new or edit the existing post > Set featured image.
How to use custom-background?
You can easily change background color through Admin UI (Dashboard): to do so, please use the select menu ‘Appearance > Customize > Colors > Background color’.
How can I change language from English into Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
Theme home page
V1.4 – 23.06.2016
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.3.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
V1.3 – 11.03.2015
* Bugfix: The text domain was changed to “daily-stories”.
* Bugfix: $_GET[ ‘page’ ] excluded from using in functions.php.
* Bugfix: A non-minified version of html5shiv.js was added.
* Bugfix: Licence of bg_header.jpg was added.
* Bugfix: bws_menu.php was removed from theme.
V1.2 – 18.02.2015
* Bugfix: Location of the editor-style.css file was changed.
V1.1 – 13.02.2015
* Update: Added function add_theme_support( “title-tag” ) for WP4.1.
* Update: Added editor-style.css file.
V1.0 – 11.12.2014
* Release of Daily Stories theme.