Archy is a powerful and sleek WordPress Theme that provides all the tools you need to launch a successful online store. The design is responsive and beautiful, it balances between style and function. A strict grid and clean design elements give the theme an organized layout which is a pleasure to scroll and to read. It is a beautiful magazine theme that does a great job displaying a bunch of content avoiding the feeling of clutter at the same time. Archy is absolutelly compatible with all plugins developed by BestWebSoft, so you will not have to worry about compatibility issues. We recommend you to upgrade your website’s functionality with Contact Form plugin and Facebook Like Button. With these, you will be able to organize your website’s work, which will be a huge bonus to the Theme’s appealing design.
* Cross-browser compatible
* Two-column design
* Animated Image Slider
* Threaded comments
* Customizable menus and widgets
* Main colors: white, blue, gray.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for resources used in this theme
* Images which are used in this template can be found on http://unsplash.com/ (licensed under CC0: http://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/).
* Open Sans font can be found: http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans
Apache License v2.00
Copyright 2013, Steve Matteson
* Arimo font can be found: http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Arimo
Apache License v2.00
Copyright 2013, Steve Matteson
* Code in ‘bwsgallery.js’, ‘bwsportfolio.js’, ‘script.js’, ‘navigation.js’ files has been created by BestWebSoft team and it is licensed under the GPL.
* Code in ‘html5.js’ file: HTML5 Shiv v3.6 | @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem | MIT/GPL2 Licensed
* Code in ‘PIE.htc’, ‘PIE_IE9.js’, ‘PIE_IE678.js’ files:
PIE: CSS3 rendering for IE
Dual-licensed for use under the Apache License Version 2.0 or the General Public License (GPL) Version 2.
* Code in ‘selectivizr-min.js’
selectivizr v1.0.2 – (c) Keith Clark, freely distributable under the terms of the MIT license.
* images located in ‘images’ folder are created by BestWebSoft team and they are licensed under the GPL.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- 1. Upload
archydirectory to the
/wp-content/themes/directory on the server.
- 2. Activate the theme via ‘Appearances’ > ‘Themes menu’ in your blog’s Dashboard.
How to display Sliding image gallery?
By default Sliding image gallery is not displayed on website pages. To display it, you need to select a checkbox ‘Display this post(page) in Image slider ‘ for at least one Post or Page in Edit Post or Edit Page screens.
How are Posts and Pages without Featured images displayed?
Posts and Pages in which you have not added Featured images are displayed with the reminder “You have not uploaded Featured image” that is visible to website visitors, so make sure that you always add Featured images to Posts and Pages displayed in Sliding image gallery.
What image size should I use for the Sliding image gallery?
The height of the Sliding image gallery is 344 px so you should use images that are 344 px in height otherwise they will be cropped either from the sides or from the top and bottom. The width of the image gallery is 940px.
Can I not display Sliding image gallery at all?
To do this, you can uncheck all ‘Display this post(page) in Image slider ‘ checkboxes for post or pages currently displayed in Slider.
Can I choose where to display Sliding Image Gallery?
No, you can’t. The Image Gallery is displayed only on the Front page.
How to display Custom Header image?
You can display Custom Header image by adding it via ‘Appearances’ > ‘Header’ menu.
Theme home page
v1.7 – 04.05.2016
* New: The ‘title-tag’ theme support was added.
* Bugfix: Fixed mismatch coding standards.
* Bugfix: Fixed theme styles.
* Update: Screenshot was updated to size 1200×900.
* Update: The theme has been tested for the compatibility with WordPress v.4.5.1.
* Update: Theme was transferred to new WordPress account.
v1.6 – 29.07.2014
* Update: We checked theme for WordPress 3.9.1.
* Bugfix: We fixed bugs in script.js.
v1.5 – 05.04.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.
* Bugfix: We fixed a bug for the search form in the sidebar and in the search template.
v1.4 – 11.02.2014
* Bugfix: Created archy.pot file without any translation.
v1.3 – 10.02.2014
* NEW : Added .pot file in ‘languages’ folder.
* Bugfix: We escaped all url output.
v1.2 – 09.02.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.1.
* Bugfix: We fixed the bug with deregister core-bundled scripts.
v1.1 – 17.01.2014
* NEW: Custom thumbnail size is added.
Ability to use the Archy theme in your site.